You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your mental health services will cost.
Under the law, healthcare providers are required to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance, an estimate of the bill for medical items or services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services.
- You must request your Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your scheduled mental health service.
- You may request a copy of the fee schedule from the Intake Coordinator. Contact her by phone at 218-616-1276 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or a picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, please contact Wellness Matters, LLC at 218-255-3321.